Wednesday 12 November 2014

Monoprinting

Monoprint is a form of print making. Monoprint means a one off print that cannot be reproduced. Their are four types of monoprints:

Additive
Equipment
  • Plastic board
  • Ink
  • Roller
  • Damp paper
  • Things to draw with: pen, cotton bud, cocktail stick, pencil, towel


Method
  1. I layed down some news paper to stop the table from getting wet and dirty.
  2. First I get a plastic board and with a roller I cover the surface with ink.
  3. Next either find an image from a secondary source or use a image that u have drawn.
  4. Lay down the paper over the ink the take the image and lay that on top of the paper.
  5. Then using a pen or something else, trace the image (using a Cotton bud gives a textured look whereas using a pointed object leaves lines) trying a range of different tools will give different textures and effects.
This piece was created by Jennifer Morrison


Reductive
The equipment is the same as the additive method apart from you also need a printing press.

Method
  1. I again layed down some news paper to stop the table from getting wet and dirty.
  2. Again get a plastic board and cover it in ink with the roller.
  3. This time use a tool to take away ink from the board.
  4. Then lay it onto a printing press with paper on top.
  5. Put it through the roller and take it out the image will have transferred on to the paper and if there is any ink left it can be put through the rollers again with different results.
This piece was created by Jennifer Morrison

Stencil
Equipment
  • A2 paper
  • Cutting mat
  • Craft Knife
  • Plastic board
  • Ink
  • Roller
  • Damp paper
  • Things to draw with: pen, cotton bud, cocktail stick, pencil, towel
Method
1. First I drew out some shapes on the A2 paper making that it was the opposite side. Then using a craft knife I cut out the shapes.
2. I then inked up the board with the roller and then layed the stencil on to the the piece that I previously had prepared.
3. Then rolled it through the print press. Then rolled it with a piece of inked up mesh.


4. Then with the board still inked up I put a piece of paper on it the rolled it through the press again creating a ghost print.


5. I then inked the board with blue and on top of the ghost print and then with the board created another ghost print.




Painterly Method
Equipment
  • Plastic Board
  • Ink
  • Paint Palette
  • Paint Brush
Method
  1. First I made some marks on the plastic board so that when I wanted to place the paper back on top it would line-up perfectly.
  2. I put some ink in the paint palette then with a brush I stared to paint the first layer on to the plastic board then rolled it through the printing press.
  3. Then with the board still inked up I then applied the next layer and kept going until I was finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment