Sunday 29 March 2015

3D ceramics and Other materials I used to make towers and health and safety notes

Equipment

  • Clay
  • Sugar Paper
  • Rolling Pin
  • Clay Knife
  • Small Loop Tool
  • Rib and Scrapper
  • Modeling Tool
  • Cut-Off Wire
Method
1. First I made a cuboid out of clay and then I started to shape the clay into a letter L
First attempt did not go to plan
2. I then made another cuboid, but then this time I left it till it was slight leather-hard.
3. Then I cut out the letter, but this time a different letter.
Better this time but still looked messy
4. I then made low relief clay tiles of the letters.
5.I then rolled out a slab and a folded it into an L shape.
6. and then I added a hole in the bottom and cut an angle

Health and Safety
  • A damp sloth needs to be used to wipe surfaces clean instead of using a dry cloth.
  • Never shake aprons or cloth and wash them regularly.
  • Work with clay in a well ventilated area.
  • Spillages of material should be cleaned up straight away, but vacuumed not washed or wiped.
Other materials I used to make towers and health and safety notes:
Metal work
wear gloves because when bending the metal there is sharp part so it can cut you.
Felt
See other older post

No comments:

Post a Comment