Wednesday 25 March 2015

3D Dissolvable Fabric

Dissolvable fabric is also called water soluble fabric that is able to dissolvable in water.

Equipment

  • Dissolvable fabric
  • String
  • Embroidery Hoop
  • Sewing Machine
Method
1. I threaded up the sewing machine and put the dissolvable fabric in the embroidery hoop.
2. Next I stitched into the dissolvable in a circular motion making sure that the thread cross over each other.
3. I then ran it underneath the tap to dissolve the fabric
4. I then took a maquette I had made earlier

5. Then I moulded the stitch around the Maquette.
6. Once dry I took it off the maquette and it kept it shape


Health and Safety
The health and safety for using the sewing machine is in an older post.(Also applies to felt building)
Be careful not to get the dissolvable stuff in mouth once it has dissolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment